Notice of transfer of surplus Income Tax allowances (575(T))

22 August 2016

An online forms service is now available to ask HMRC for a transfer of unused Married Couple's Allowance or Blind Person's Allowance to a spouse or civil partner.

To tell HMRC that you want to transfer unused Married Couple’s Allowance or Blind Person’s Allowance to your spouse or civil partner, you can still print the postal form, fill it in by hand and post it to HMRC.

If you use the new online form service (sign in to, or set up a Government Gateway account) you will get a reference number that you can use to track the progress of your form.