Updated scale rate expenses payments for employees travelling outside the UK

01 October 2014


HMRC have confirmed updated scale rates for accommodation and subsistence for employees travelling overseas.

Employers can reimburse subsistence to employees by making a scale rate payment. HM Revenue and Customs usually publish the rates in October or November every year.

If you have employees who travel abroad for business purposes, you should see the guidance on when you can use the worldwide subsistence rates.