HMRC Pension Schemes Newsletter 130 – June 2021
28 June 2021
HMRC has published the latest Pension Schemes Newsletter – number 130, for June 2021, in order to update stakeholders on the latest news for pension schemes.
This edition includes content relating to:
- The extension to some of the temporary changes to pension processes due to coronavirus
- Managing the Pension Schemes service
- Signing into online services
- Self-Invested Personal Pensions (SIPP) and Small Self-Administered Scheme (SSAS) pensions- connected tenants
Extension to temporary changes to pension processes
In a previous edition of the Pension Schemes Newsletter, HMRC advised that some temporary changes to certain pension processes would be kept in place until 30 June 2021, to help scheme administrators during the outbreak of coronavirus.
The following temporary changes will now be extended until 31 October 2021:
- APSS105 relief at source repayment claims
- APSS106 relief at source repayment claims
- APSS590 relief at source declaration
- Submitting the APSS107 registered pension schemes annual statistical return without a signature
The other temporary changes listed in editions 118, 119, 120, 121 and 124 of the Pension Schemes Newsletter will still end on 30 June 2021.
Signing into online services
An ongoing programme is underway of deleting the credentials of users who have not signed in to a service for three years.
Pension scheme administrators and practitioners who have not signed into the following services for a while will be required to log into their Business Tax Accounts in order for their credentials to remain active:
- The Pension Schemes Online service
- The Managing Pension Schemes service
- Other tax services
Where credentials have already been deleted, guidance on how to restore access is available in section 1.4 of the Pension schemes online: user guide.
Information provided in this news article may be subject to change. Please make note of the date of publication to ensure that you are viewing up to date information.