This course will provide delegates with a refresher on the basic technical calculations and procedures relating to payroll to ensure that their knowledge is up to date with legislation changes and processes.
Please note: Materials for this course will be made available via an online platform, however a selection of this materials will need to be printed off and brought with you on the day. Login details for the online platform will be sent to you 10 days before the course start date. If you have any problems or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is this course aimed at?
Payroll professionals seeking a refresher on the basic technical calculations and procedures to ensure that their knowledge is up to date with legislation changes and processes.
What will I learn?
The payroll refresher course covers a wide range of topics that are taught in detail during the introduction to PAYE and NICs, introduction to statutory payments and essential additions to payroll basic courses. It is designed to refresh your current knowledge and bring you up to date on recent changes and developments in the payroll profession. It would be ideal for people returning to work in this environment after a period of leave or for someone taking responsibility for this function.
- Starters and leavers
- Deductions from pay
- Absence processing
- PAYE income tax
- National Insurance contributions
- Statutory payments and leave
- Real Time Information reporting
- Attachment orders and Student Loan Deductions
- Pensions including automatic enrolment
- HMRC remittances and year-end obligations
On completion, delegates should be able to:
- Calculate gross income, PAYE and NICs liabilities
- Process real-time information
- Process starters and leavers
- Calculate net pay
- Understand the implications and calculate the correct amount of statutory sick, maternity, shared parental, paternity and adoption payments
- Calculate deductions relating to court orders and student loans.
- Year-end and adjustments
The CIPP can offer in-house delivery on most training courses.
In-house delivery can be very attractive for organisations as they can train large numbers of employees* at a reduced rate, without the additional associated costs, such as travel and 'lost time'.
Click here for more information.
*Minimum number of delegates apply