Closing date for bookings is two weeks prior to the course date.
This blended learning course is divided into three parts:
- Part 1 – Online activities which include reading examples and knowledge tests, and consideration of current practices in the delegates’ own organisations.
- Part 2 – Classroom sessions that are trainer-led to review; Part 1 content and examine the full course content in detail with examples and exercises, including the use of digital tools where appropriate. There are opportunities for sharing experiences with other delegates and discussing the application of the content to the workplace.
- Part 3 – Online activities which include further reading, exercises and knowledge tests, and further enhance your learning.
Who is this course aimed at?
Payroll Co-ordinators, Payroll Supervisors, Payroll Managers, Finance Managers & Reward Managers.
This course is not designed for those new to payroll. For those new to payroll or require a refresher, the Payroll Technician Certificate or Introduction to Payroll courses are more suitable. If you are unsure on which course is best for you, contact us here.
What will I learn?
This half day course explains the legal and payroll related implications of salary sacrifice schemes and other optional remuneration arrangements.
Using examples, it examines what makes a successful salary sacrifice arrangement, covers the payroll processing and reporting implications, and highlights the potential impact on state benefits.
The course also explains the tax and NICs changes for benefits provided through optional remuneration arrangements, including exclusions and transitional arrangements
Please note: Materials for this course will be made available via an online platform, however a selection of this materials will need to be printed off and brought with you on the day. Login details for the online platform will be sent to you 10 days before the course start date. If you have any problems or questions, please email email@example.com.
- What is an optional remuneration arrangement?
- What is salary sacrifice?
- Why use optional remuneration arrangements?
- Potential impact on state benefits
- Which benefits for which arrangements?
- Creating an effective salary sacrifice arrangement
- Implications for tax and NICs
- Legislation and case law
- Payroll implications
On completion, delegates should:
- Be aware of how salary sacrifice schemes and other optional remuneration arrangements work
- Understand the requirements of a successful salary sacrifice scheme
- Understand the requirements of other optional remuneration arrangements
- Appreciate the advantages and disadvantages of the various schemes
Payrolling benefits and legislation update:
The option to process benefits in kind through the payroll is becoming increasingly popular with employers.
This half-day course serves as a useful ‘bolt-on’ to the salary sacrifice and other optional remuneration arrangements course, as it provides delegates with the opportunity to understand the mechanics of payrolling benefits, as well as providing further insight into the changes to salary sacrifice arrangements with the introduction of optional remuneration arrangements (OpRAs) from April 2017.
Delegates may also benefit from attending the P11D, expenses and benefits course, which provides delegates with the opportunity to gain an awareness of:
- Tax and NIC rules for expenses and benefits
- The deadlines associated with reporting expenses and benefits
- The implications of providing expenses and benefits for employees
- How to complete forms P11D and P11Db with confidence
- Calculating taxable benefit and the resultant Class 1A accurately
The CIPP can offer in-house delivery on most training courses.
In-house delivery can be very attractive for organisations as they can train large numbers of employees* at a reduced rate, without the additional associated costs, such as travel and 'lost time'.
Click here for more information.
*Minimum number of delegates apply