16 June 2023
June’s agent update from HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) brings some updates for employers and agents.
This month there is information in the following areas:
- tax returns for 2022 to 2023 — file now
- Economic Crime Levy for anti-money laundering regulated businesses — HMRC Online Service now open for registrations
- helping customers steer clear of tax avoidance schemes
- employment status guidance for locum pharmacists to be withdrawn with effect from 30 June 2023
- payment increase to the apprenticeships care leavers’ bursary
- overlap relief — preparing for the new tax year basis
- corporate interest restriction — appointment of reporting company by HMRC
- Spotlight 62 — dividend diversion scheme used by owner managed companies to fund education fees
- publication of new Code of Practice 9
The update also provides information on HMRC agent services and forum engagements. If any of these topics are of interest, we recommend diving in deeper and finding out what HMRC has to offer you in ways of assistance.
Information provided in this news article may be subject to change. Please make note of the date of publication to ensure that you are viewing up to date information.