70% of employee respondents are satisfied with their work-life balance

13 January 2017

According to a survey of 826 employers, 59% increased flexible working arrangements in 2016, which could help account for the high work-life balance satisfaction.

However in the same survey which included data from 1,752 employees, 62% of employee respondents are unsatisfied with their benefits package.

The research conducted by GCS Recruitment for its Market insights 2017 report, also found that 38% of employee respondents cite pay and financial rewards as having the most impact on their job satisfaction, and only 5% list their benefits package as the most important factor.

Read the full article from Employee Benefits for other key findings from the research.


CIPP comment

To help us understand, in part, how much flexible working has become part of our culture, we ran a poll in August 2016. We asked approximately what percentage of your workforce had applied for flexible working within the last 2 years.  Of the 142 responses received, only 18% of employer had not received any requests, leaving 82% of employers receiving requests for flexible working.