HMRC's Employer Bulletin: October 2021
13 October 2021
HMRC has released the October 2021 Employer Bulletin, which covers a range of important updates.
• The health and social care levy – an overview of what has been shared so far and estimates on the impact this will have on individuals, employers and dividend holders
• Adding a PAYE scheme to a Business Tax Account
• A reminder of the importance of employers reporting the standard (contractual) payment date over the Christmas period when paying employees earlier than usual. This will help protect employees’ Universal Credit eligibility
• A summary of the IR35 support available and actions taken by HMRC
• Errors HMRC has identified with student loan deductions and clarification
• Student loan refund process change
• A reminder of the PAYE Settlement Agreement (PSA) deadline for 2020-21
• Payrolling of expenses and benefits and how to register
• UK-Swiss Convention on Social Security Coordination
• Closure of the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and how to make amendments for over/underpayments
• VAT reverse charge for construction and building services
• Voluntary disclosures — PAYE liability involving offshore matters
• HMRC guidance on how to avoid non-compliant umbrella companies
The Bulletin provides an overview of the subjects covered, with links provided where additional detail is required.
Information provided in this news article may be subject to change. Please make note of the date of publication to ensure that you are viewing up to date information.