National Insurance guidance for software developers (2020 to 2021)
04 August 2020
HMRC has published National Insurance (NI) guidance for software developers for tax year 2020-21.
The guidance is made available each tax year, and its purpose is to provide NI calculation methods for payroll software developers. The contents include:
- NICs information for tax year commencing 6 April 2020
- Completing the payroll record (2020-21)
- Class 1A NICs on Termination Awards and Sporting Testimonial payments
- Description of the differences between calculating NICs
- Using the tables and the exact percentage method
- Rules for rounding
- NICs calculation formulae – exact percentage method
- Directors NICs calculation formulae
- NICs calculation formulae – tables method
Information provided in this news article may be subject to change. Please make note of the date of publication to ensure that you are viewing up to date information. Download the CIPP's Payroll: Need to know - your guide to payroll legislation and reporting for the most up to date data.