MSc in Strategic Leadership
The CIPP, in partnership with Loughborough University, offers experienced managers the opportunity to gain a recognised university qualification in Strategic Leadership, with the benefits of part-time learning to fit around their schedule.
This qualification will help organisations to retain and develop talent, build management and leadership capability and bring an extra dimension to existing professional development within their organisation.
Use the Apprenticeship Levy with our PG Diploma in Strategic Leadership
We are offering two parallel programme routes - the traditional MSc route and a second route to enable organisations who pay the Apprenticeship Levy to have the option of utilising this funding to develop leadership potential.
Applications are welcome from all applicants with a degree-level (or equivalent) qualification or substantial relevant work experience, specifically;
- Applicants who possess at least three years of managerial experience with a reasonable level of formal academic education
- Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree from a UK or recognised overseas University with a Second Class honours or equivalent
- Applicants who have achieved the academic requirements for corporate membership of a British Chartered Professional Institute (equivalent to QCF level 6 or above) or any other relevant qualification
- GCSE English and Maths (grade C or above), or equivalent are a compulsory requirement.
Pricing and admissions
October 2021 - Closing date for enrolments is 31 July 2021
Please be aware that all intakes for the postgraduate/post-experience programmes are recruitment driven requiring a minimum number of students to make a viable study group. You will be advised 6 weeks before the advertised start date whether the programme will run.
Fees and funding
Provided below is a listing of the tuition fees for this programme. If you are studying for a Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma, tuition fees will be charged on a pro rata basis, according to the number of credits you are studying for. You should prepare for inflationary increases to course fees in future years.
|MSc in Strategic Leadership||
|Senior Leaders Apprenticeship route, Post Graduate Diploma in Strategic Leadership||£14,000|
|Senior Leaders top up for the MSc in Strategic Leadership||£ 4,833|
If you are interested in the Apprenticeship programme route please contact our Business Development Manager prior to applying for the programme for information and guidance.
Business Development Manager
School of Business and Economics
Structure, delivery and assessment
In response to the needs of busy managers, the programme is offered on a part-time, block taught basis. The minimum period of study for the award of MSc is thirty calendar months.
Past students have particularly appreciated the duration and delivery methods of this programme. Modules are taught as 2-day or 3-day workshops instead of weekly classes. Our format facilitates participation by managers from a wide geographical area. We can recommend on-campus accommodation.
Learning methods are tailored to participants' needs, including a combination of:
- short inputs
- pair and group work
- case studies
- distance learning and
- work-based assignments and projects.
For the final project element of the programme, participants can attend training in research methods and project design exploring a topic of their own choice.
There are no exams for this programme.
Each module is assessed through coursework. Our coursework assignments require the student to read and research the topic of the module, to address a question that is based within a work environment. Several modules require the student to draw on their own work experience and/or their current work situation.
In addition to coursework, modules may be assessed through group presentations.
Each programme starts with an induction event where you will review and improve your skills in learning, researching and writing. Following this, core modules address the fundamentals of leadership and business competitiveness. The programme builds upon these fundamentals with further modules so that you can explore areas of specific interest to you. At each stage, the content of assessments addresses real work examples within your own past and current work experience.
For your final year project, you agree on the topic with the University to address a problem directly impacting your work area. As part of that project, you will be expected to demonstrate benefits to your organisation and your own learning.
About the Msc in Strategic Leadership
The postgraduate programme in Strategic Leadership is specially designed for experienced managers seeking to develop practical skills whilst working towards a university award. In providing a general management qualification, the programme is suitable for managers from all functions and all industry sectors. The course covers a wide range of areas, including finance, marketing, leadership and managing people.
At each stage of the programme, you will be asked to draw on your work experience and to apply your learning within your own organisational context:
- Learning objectives reflect the needs of today’s business environment, developing skills and knowledge immediately relevant to you and your workplace.
- Assessments require you to relate each topic to your experience, therefore developing your skills in practical ways.
From beginning to end, therefore, you and your organisation will benefit from investment in this programme.
The aim of the Msc in Strategic Leadership:
- Develop individual skills and prepare participants for leadership career progression in their chosen industry sector, mainly through development of their technical knowledge and skills, and their conceptual and analytical abilities;
- Prepare participants for leadership roles in which they will be expected to contribute towards the functional and strategic management of their organisations;
- Enable participants to see ways in which theory can be applied in practice to complex issues with the aim of improving business and management practice;
- Provide a relevant, practical and constantly updated programme through close links with business organisations.
*denotes a mandatory field