This CIPP Payroll Technician Certificate online top up qualification allows individuals who have completed the CIPP Payroll Technician Certificate to broaden their payroll skillset. Whilst studying the course at home, students progress through the qualification to achieve a working knowledge of data protection and apply the complex payroll legislation and contractual obligations to the principles of Automatic Enrolment and Salary Sacrifice.
* 20 CPD points total including 15 from Payroll Technician Certificate
Who is this course aimed at?
Why should I invest in this qualification?
Having fully trained payroll administrators is vital for organisations to ensure they remain compliant with the increasing amount of regulation and legislation which impacts on the day to day running of the payroll department. The knowledge expected of these employees in increases year on year.
Designed for those who have completed the Payroll Technician Certificate, this qualification top up offers a wider scope of working knowledge of the payroll processes and responsibilities payroll administrators encounter.
The qualification offers detailed instruction of the circumstances that trigger automatic enrolment and the processes that follow, it highlights payrolls responsibilities surrounding pension schemes, pensioner payrolls and the potential beneficiaries. The course then examines the subject of salary sacrifice and its complexities.
Each module offers comprehensive learning materials; links to a range of external material; and knowledge tests associated with these topics. The key subject matter is further enriched with digital online learning tutorials as well as interactive scenario-based exercises, which enable students to apply their new-found knowledge and skills through realistic scenarios. This variety of learning mediums provides a complete developmental experience which enhances ready application in the workplace, to the benefit of student and employer alike.
This new inclusive product offers the latest in digital learning experiences available to the aspiring payroll professional.
Designed to follow the five units of the Payroll Technician Certificate.
Unit 6 - Data Protection and Audit Considerations
- Eight principles of data protection
- Role of the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) and employer's obligations to this regulatory body.
- Payroll data breach risks and how to mitigate these
- Practices to minimise financial risks from payroll administration
- Purpose of auditing payroll records
- Internal and external organisations that may audit payroll records
- Controls for minimising errors during payroll processing
Unit 7 - Automatic Enrolment and Pensions Principles
- Classify types of pension schemes and their features and principles
- Tax relief mechanisms
- Role of The Pensions Regulator and employers’ obligations to this body
- Working knowledge of automatic enrolment processes and the pension schemes suitable
- Carrying out a worker assessment
- Employer duties for each category of worker
- Circumstances that trigger immediate re-enrolment
- Features of pensioner payrolls and employee payrolls
- Deductions operated, starters and leavers for pensioner payrolls
- Potential beneficiaries for pensioner payrolls
Unit 8 - Administering salary sacrifice for payroll
- Working knowledge of salary sacrifice principles
- Contrast between ‘notional pay’ and ‘actual pay’
- Features of an effective salary sacrifice arrangement
- Benefits commonly provided in salary sacrifice schemes
- Calculation of the potential tax and NICs savings
- Implications of using salary sacrifice for pension contributions
- Earnings assessment for childcare vouchers
- How minimum wage rates restrict salary sacrifice arrangements
- Impact of salary sacrifice schemes on various deductions from pay
- Issues for payroll records and payslips
Delivery and pricing
The online qualification is delivered through our online learning platform permitting students a more flexible study pattern. Students will work through a series of interactive activities and quizzes supported by detailed study material. They may track their understanding through undertaking knowledge-check assessments before progressing to the next section. The qualification concludes with a timed question-based online assessment.
Successful completion of this qualification demonstrates a level of competency and a broader understanding of payroll administration responsibilities representative of modern real-life payroll departments.
Member and non-member rate: £995 + VAT*
- Online provision through the CIPPs student website
- Allocation of a tutor to support you through your studies
Prices valid until 30 June and reviewed annually.