Guidance on Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme template updated
08 September 2020
HMRC has added to the guidance page that discusses how to ‘Claim for wages through the coronavirus job retention scheme’ to give further advice for those submitting claims for more than 100 furloughed staff, using the template provided.
Any claimants who are using the template must ensure that they advise HMRC where employees have returned from statutory leave and have been placed on furlough. As a reminder, when using the template, claimants must also follow the following rules:
- They must only provide relevant employee information – adding more, or not enough, detail could risk a delay in payment, and claimants may be asked to provide the information again
- They must submit only one line per employee for the whole claim period
- They must not break up the calculation into multiple periods within the claim
- They must not split data by contract type, so, for example, employees paid on a weekly and those paid on a monthly basis should be claimed for together
- They must upload their file in one of the following formats- .xls, .xlsx, .csv or .ods
The information in this article is accurate at the time of publication. For all the latest information, news and resources on how the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting payroll professions, visit our Coronavirus hub.