23 October 2023
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) published its issue 113 Agent Update for tax agents and advisers. Agent updates give guidance and news to tax agents and advisers.
This edition covers topics under the headings:
- Alcohol Duty: check if you can take advantage of the new reliefs
- Loss carry back claims for Corporation Tax
- Overlap Relief — preparing for the new tax year basis
- Launch of tax agent toolkit for the assurance of remittances to be reported on tax returns
- Making a valid claim for Research and Development tax reliefs
- Correcting payroll mistakes — updated content
- Correcting an employee’s National Insurance deductions — updated content
- Statutory Residence Test: webinar.
Making Tax Digital
- Making Tax Digital for Income Tax Self Assessment: the case for change
- Update on the removal of functionality to copy across existing VAT clients to agent services account.
HMRC Agent Services
Details of live consultations and links to responses, changes to HMRC service and guidance, including:
- Important information for customers using ‘pay by bank’ to pay HMRC
- Intelligent text message service — update
- Advance Valuation Ruling service now available to all
- New YouTube videos for Self Assessment
- Income Record Viewer — the must have tool for agents
- McCloud digital service launch
- Changes to the Agent Dedicated Line
- The Warehousekeepers and Owners of Warehoused Goods Regulations.
Agent forum and engagement
Latest updates from the partnership between HMRC and the main agent representative bodies. Including:
- Issues Overview Group and agent forum
- SA-22356 — Marriage Allowance
- CT-38844 — delays submitting the CT600 returns
- Working from home tax relief
- Contact information for professional and representative bodies.
Keep an eye out for our reporting on the next edition due on Wednesday 15 November 2023.
Information provided in this news article may be subject to change. Please make note of the date of publication to ensure that you are viewing up to date information.