06 June 2023

HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) has now updated the GOV.UK guidance on the form CA3837. This form is used by a self-employed individual in the UK and is going to work temporarily in another country within the European Economic Area (EEA). The form will enable HMRC to determine which Member State’s social security legislation will apply.

Below are the key updates on guidance’s for this week:

  • guidance to ‘Apply for a certificate to confirm you will pay UK National Insurance while self-employed abroad temporarily (CA3837)’ has been updated.  The ‘What you’ll need’ section has been updated. The online form CA3837 has been amended, as it no longer has to be completed in one go, answers can be saved and the user can return later.

Information provided in this news article may be subject to change. Please make note of the date of publication to ensure that you are viewing up to date information.