Tax credits renewal deadline 31 July
12 July 2019
HM Revenue and Customs is reminding customers that they must renew their tax credits by 31 July – or their payments will stop.
Tax credits help working families with targeted financial support. A new advertising campaign launched at the beginning of July to remind customers to renew their tax credits on time, as this is too important to forget.
Renewing online is quick and easy. Customers can log into GOV.UK to check on the progress of their renewal, be reassured it’s being processed and know when they’ll hear back from HMRC.
Customers can also use the HMRC app on their smartphone to:
- Renew their tax credits
- Check their tax credits payment schedule
- Find out how much they have earned for the year
Customers can get help and information on renewing tax credits:
- On GOV.UK
- By tweeting @HMRCcustomers or posting on our Facebook page with general queries
- Using the HMRC app, which is available on the App Store or Google Play Store
- Using the online forum (click on Tax Credits and You)
- Through HMRC’s webchat help service
- By calling the tax credits helpline: 0345 300 3900