HMRC Employer Bulletin - Issue 47
15 April 2014
The latest issue of the Employer Bulletin has been published and contains important information which may affect payroll obligations to HMRC.
Note that the next Employer Bulletin will be available in June as due to the volume of information they now contain, HMRC has decided to publish on a bi-monthly basis.
The introduction highlights:
- An RTI article which takes a look back at what went well and outlines what still needs to be done
- The new NICs Employment Allowance and how to claim
- A reminder that the Employer Orderline fax facility will be withdrawn from June 2014
- Tax-Free Childcare (TFC) information – due to be introduced in autumn 2015
- Budget 2014 summary.
The bulletin also includes:
- HMRC online services – new look and features
- Mandating the Scheme Contracted out Number (SCON) via Real Time Information Submissions from April 2014
- Regional Employer National Insurance Contributions (NICs) Holiday for New Businesses
- Class 2 NICs debts
- Percentage Threshold Scheme and the Health and Work Service
- Reporting 2013-14 Expenses and Benefits
- Automatic enrolment: what every employer needs to know
- Statutory Payment Advance Funding
- Moving to GOV.UK – Statutory Payments Guidance
- National Minimum Wage: Government cracks down on non-paying employers
- Agencies and employment intermediaries
- Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)
- ‘Extra’ paydays (week 53, 54 or 56) and underpayments of tax
- Child Maintenance – what’s new?
- What is Shared Parental Leave?
- Extension of the right to request flexible working
- Tax credits – why it’s better for employees who renew early
- Disability Confident – Support for businesses to employ disabled people
- The Future of Apprenticeships in England: Funding Reform Technical Consultation.