HMRC publishes updated 575(T) form

29 April 2020

HMRC has published the updated 575(T) form and associated notes for use from April 2020.  Individuals should use this form to notify HMRC when they want to transfer unused Married Couple’s Allowance or Blind Person’s Allowance to their spouse or civil partner.

Individuals can either use the online form service or complete the form on-screen, print it off and post it to HMRC.

To use the online service, individuals will need a Government Gateway user ID and password. If they do not have a user ID, they can create this when using the service.

If individuals use the online form, they will receive a reference number to track the progress of that form. To complete the form, they will need:

  • The date of marriage or civil partnership
  • Their spouse or civil partner’s HMRC reference (this can be located on any letter or form their spouse / civil partner has had from their HMRC office)
  • Their spouse or civil partner’s National Insurance number (this can be located on their spouse or civil partner’s payslip, P60 or tax return)
  • Details of their income and deductions for this tax year
  • Details of the allowances they want to claim for this tax year

Information provided in this news article may be subject to change. Please make note of the date of publication to ensure that you are viewing up to date information.