Course of the week: Payroll update
28 January 2014
We are currently offering a saving of buy one get one half price for delegates who book on the same Payroll Update course so if you are thinking of attending why not bring along a team member.
If you do not have a colleague to take advantage of this offer with, then you may choose a different one day course to attend and you will get this at half price. Email us for full details.
Book your place now
Payroll update is running on the following dates and locations in February.
Who is this course aimed at?
Everyone with any payroll responsibility, or anyone in payroll, finance or HR who needs to be updated, to understand and recognise the implications on their employer and employees should attend this course.
What will I learn?
This unique course will provide detailed explanations and practical information about recent, current and prospective changes in tax, NICs, employment law, deductions and statutory payments. In fact, everything of importance to the payroll professional.
In addition, all the payroll related changes announced in the recent Budget statement are analysed and their impact fully explained. This focused course represents the single best opportunity to be briefed and updated about changes affecting payroll.
- Latest Budget statement
- Continuing impact on previous budgets
- Income tax rates, allowances and bands
- NIC’s rates and bands
- Expenses and benefits
- Operating PAYE and NIC
- Company Share Scheme
- Subscriptions and Professional subscriptions
- Employers supported bus service
- Returns and forms
- Revising PAYE
- Taxation in Scotland
- Taxation on termination payments
- Statutory payments
- Recovery of SSP, SMP, SPP and SAP
- State pensions reform
- Tax relief/charges on pension savings
- Workplace pension reforms
- Automatic enrolment and timetable
- Employment law
- Enterprise and Regulatory Reform
- Radical proposals to alter parental leave provision
- Tribunal fees
- Income contingency for student loans
- Proposals to amend the regulations on annual leave
- The national minimum wage
- Sickness absence review
- Office of National Statistics and zero hours
- Any other known issues impacting payroll
(Course content subject to change to reflect topicality and urgency of issues.)
On completion, delegates should:
- Be aware of the legislation changes that affect payroll, whether now or in the future
- Understand implications of such changes
What others say about this course…
"Course was excellent, came away with all objectives on being updated on payroll legislation met. The trainer was excellent. A group of five trainees which made the course very focused and flowed nice and smoothly."
Tracey Hayward, Whittingham Riddell LLP
"I really enjoyed the course and as per usual with the CIPP courses I felt it went into great depth and gave a good understanding of the changes for the new tax year."
Kayleigh Mutch, Survival-One
"The course covered everything relevant."
Alison Higgins, Anchor Care