Acas publish new Agency Worker guidance
10 April 2018
Do you understand the employment status of an agency worker and what their employment rights are? In light of the increasing number of agency workers, Acas has launched new guidance to help workers and employers know their rights and responsibilities.
Data from a recent ONS Labour Force Survey suggested that the total number of agency workers in the UK currently stands at around 865,000 and this figure is expected to rise to one million by 2020.
As the use of agency workers becomes ever more popular it is important that agency workers and employers using agency staff understand their rights and responsibilities to promote a good and productive working environment.
The new guidance covers:
- What is an agency worker?
- Understanding the employment status of an agency worker
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of working as an agency worker?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of an organisation using agency workers?
- Becoming an agency worker
- Rights when working as an agency worker
- Ways to resolve matters that may arise as an agency worker