Basic PAYE Tools user guide
31 July 2019
HMRC’s Basic PAYE Tools user guide has been updated for the 2019-20 tax year.
Basic PAYE Tools is free payroll software from HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) for businesses with fewer than 10 employees.
The guide will help you when using Basic PAYE Tools (BPT) and can be used from 6 April 2019. It contains examples of screens you will see in BPT and includes simple to follow instructions.
The Basic PAYE Tools user guide contains information to help you:
- Find your way around the BPT
- Prepare to use the BPT
- Know when to send your payroll submission
- Pay your employees and calculate the deductions
- Calculate how much to pay HMRC each month
- Pay Employers’ PAYE and NIC
- Tell HMRC that you did not pay any staff wages in a whole tax month
- Complete annual reporting and tasks
- With payrolling Benefits in Kind (PBiK)
- Back up your data