Is your employer ready to take the pledge?
31 January 2019
The Working Forward Campaign is open to all organisations and was launched in 2016. It currently has 300 members, it is free to join and requires participating organisations to sign a ‘pledge’ to take action in four specific areas which are:
- Employee confidence
- Supporting line managers
- Flexible working
Leadership is considered to be a mandatory area as workplaces that have senior support tend to be the most successful in embracing the other three pledge areas.
Immediate membership benefits include:
- full access to the community of member organisations
- a member toolkit packed with tips and advice on getting started
- conversation guides to help communication between managers and employees
- exclusive training events and webinars
- regular updates from the Working Forward e-newsletter
- help and support developing pregnancy and maternity policies, and much more.
Further details of the Working Forward Campaign are available on the EHRC website.
Geographical extent: Great Britain
The department of Business Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) have published a consultation that seeks to gather views about what steps can be taken to further support pregnant women and new parents when they return to work. You can respond by way of an online survey directly to BEIS and the CIPP policy team will be publishing a survey and plan to hold a think tank also – to note your expression of interest please contact [email protected].